As part of the World War 1 Trench project, I went to explore less traditional use cases for Substance Designer a bit more. This post is a breakdown and discussion on what I am calling “3D Wood Grain”. At its core, the question arose: can correct wood grain be achieved? Usually, you would scan or […]
Moved to Sketchbook, UI render work I did. Work I am proud of but no longer fitting the current portfolio. For this unannounced and eventually cancelled project I was also tasked to render UI icons for team, weapon and character selection. These icons are game models posed and rendered in Blender, later touched up in […]
Moved to Sketchbook, texture work I did but no longer fitting the current portfolio. For this unannounced and eventually cancelled project I had a multitude of tasks including retexturing older weapon models. Working with game models and normal maps from around 2010 the goal was to give these guns new PBR textures.Shown is a selection […]
For a small Unreal Engine 4 project I needed a tire – so I made one. The UE4 stuff was based around panning textures in combination with animation and morph targets to create a more realistic wheel and tire. In the end however it didn’t really go anywhere and I decided to put the tire […]
I took some time out of my day to learn some more about baked lighting and how it behaves in UE4. Having previously worked with the engine, as well as Unreal Engine 3 / UDK, I had a good understanding of it but always felt like I was missing a final edge. This then is […]
Sometimes you just need some red – exploding – barrels in your live! I made these for a YouTube Thumbnail – seemed to be the quickest way of getting a nice screenshot of said barrels. Pictures are realtime renders in Quixel’s 3DO.
A quick and fun project for a friends Rising Storm 2: Vietnam modification. I made multiple interlocking plastic bricks with dirty and clean versions. RS2:Vietnam is build on top of Unreal Engine 3 – so this was a nice break from more modern PBR materials!
Another university piece. As part of last years final project we were asked to model, texture and render a stirling-engine. I used Blender to create some minor parts of the model.
A project for uni: Our task was to model and render a Jack Daniels bottle as it might be used for advertising. Modeled and rendered with Cinema4D